April 17, 2009
~m~(O_o)~m~

That's right, my friends. I feel as if the last week or so has been awkward baby turtles because Finals is always a time of studying more than the rest of the semester AND playing more than the rest of the semester. I've been dutifully filling my head with facts and such, yet the past few nights I've been out (or in) doing all sorts of fun things.

FOR INSTANCE--

On Wednesday afternoon [after a morning of legit studying, I want to add], Apartment #84 in its entirety attended our ward closing social. Thanks to frugal budget indulgence, we had enough to taken all 80 or so ward members to the Golden Corral [I always pronounce it like "coral"]--free all-you-can-eat-dinner, WHAT WHAT?!

Post over-consumption, we went back home where Becca and I slept off our respective carb stupors while Grandma went to a baby shower [to eat more] and Nadin went on campus to work on a project. By the time we woke up, it was time to go to the second part of the social: the obligatory ward slide show documenting our year together.

I was both acutely aware and glad that we neglected to submit pictures. The bulk of the ones I'm in this year are NARSTY.

Anyway, post-"Awww, Wyview!", we thought it would be fun to watch Om Shanti Om again. We made a semi-public announcement, went home, and waited for our minions--er, friends to arrive. We ended up with a pretty good number--so good, in fact, that when our friend Joe's-way dropped in that he thought he was interrupting a triple date :/

As per usual, the movie rocked. We were all sort of loitering afterwards when Joe's-way, Mermaidian Bliss, and The Key Misplacer decided to have a snowball fight outside [instigated when The Key Misplacer decided to start messing with Mermaidian Bliss's cousin, Easily Startled]. It was all in good fun--until The Key Misplacer knocked on Easily Startled's door and thew a huge snow clod at her.

A little while after the battle had dissipated, I received a call from Mermaidian Bliss...

Mermaidian Bliss: Hey Genevieve, you want to come help us with a prank on [insert The Key Misplacer's real name here]?

Genevieve: Um, you know it!

From there, Nadin and I met up with Mermaidian Bliss and Easily Startled. We then piled snow halfway up The Key Misplacer's door [the door opened a couple of times, but we still got away with it]. Upon barricading the door, we sprayed the whole thing with residual Easter egg dye. The cherry on the cake was the sign we left above the door:

FREE SNOW CONES!

It was a pretty ballin' prank, if I do say so myself.

Yesterday, I studied lots and lots in the library and rocked my final presentation in English 251, so I decided to give myself the night off for good behavior. Luckily, Joe's-way seemed to feel my readiness for fun in The Force, as he called me and asked if I was up for some Mao.

When am I not!? replied I. Nadin and I then trooped over to Joe's-way apartment where we Mao'D for like two and a half hours. It was great.

Tonight? I have no idea. I wanted to go play Commando, but it's been raining and snowing for the past four days, so probably not. However, on a happier note, I am going to see any art exhibit with my friend Critter in about three hours, so that'll be fun.

Oh, and did I mention that I'll be back in Maryland in eight days? Fun stuff, right?

Happy Friday!

P.S. My brother, Snootch, just told me that he got hired as a full-time seminary teacher! He'll find out where soon [please be Utah!], and I'm so excited for him! Way to go, Snootch!
posted by Gwennifer at 9:17 AM |



3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Abby said........
I'm so pleased to hear that college is doing wonders for your maturity. Good show, Gwennifer. GOOD SHOW.
 

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Ransom said........
Critter!!
 

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
What's my nickname? I feel left out.