April 12, 2009
Since both Christmas and Easter are holidays centered around the miracle of Christ, I've decided that I'd like to post about the reasons I'm grateful for his sacrifice on this most blessed of days:

  1. I am a very imperfect person. I catch myself missing opportunities to do little things all the time that I know the Savior has specifically asked us to be better about [ie. "love one another"] or flat-out just not being righteous. However, I know that because of His suffering in the garden that he understands my limitations and looks upon me with sympathetic eyes rather than damning anger every time I mess up. His empathy makes me want to be better every day to show that I appreciate his undeserved forgiveness.
  2. The future is bright. Although things may appear bleak in the future of the world, I can feel peace knowing that the world after this one carries the promises of joy because Christ gave us the ability to return to Heavenly Father. If I were in the dark about my fate after death, I don't think I'd lead a very happy existence. So many people I've either grown up with or met along the path of Life are groping along in the impenetrable mystery of what awaits us on the other side. Others have given up all hope and choose instead to live as if Life ends after death. I'm so grateful not only to know what awaits us, but how to attain the greatest and most eternal happiness there is: to return to the presence of Heavenly and Jesus Christ.
  3. Holidays that specifically help us to focus on the life and ministry of Christ are always appreciated. More often than not, I get caught up in either homework or social life or simply myself. I lose sight of Christ's plan for us, and I feel myself falling into what seems at the time "inexplicable despair". Days that are set aside for the sole purpose of paying homage to the life and sacrifice of the Son of God is a great blessing to a worshipper who wishes to increase their understanding and appreciation for Christ.
  4. Christ's sacrifice not only enabled us to return to live with our Heavenly Father, but also enabled us to live for all eternity with our families. The idea of being sealed to my current family [and later on, the family I'll start] brings me such sweet comfort.
There are lots of reasons I'm grateful for Easter and the sacrifice of the Savior, but I feel that this should be sufficient. Have a wonderful Easter reveling in the glory of the resurrected Christ and what this means for the fate of mankind!
posted by Gwennifer at 10:14 AM |



2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
Hope you had a great Easter!!!
 

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
Beautiful beautiful post, sweetie! Love you!!!!! (We love being sealed to you too!!!!!)