March 14, 2009
Ok, all. I finally succumbed. Last night, Becca, Nadin, and I attended the 12:35 showing of Twilight. Becca had seen it before and couldn't contain her glee, Nadin wanted to see it so she could participate in derisive discussions, and I couldn't stand not knowing how horrible it was any longer.

I went in at 12:35 with exceedingly low expectations. I came out at 2:45 shocked that it was worse than I thought it would be.

I want to skip past the disjointed story line, erratic cinematography, and hokey special effects. To discuss them in full detail would be wasting more time than I already have being appalled by this movie. All I want to talk about it the atrocious acting that so many people are mistaking for "electric chemistry" on the screen.

For one thing, anyone who thinks that there was anything even close to chemistry probably thought The Lake House was a good movie because of the chemistry between Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. People, BAD ACTING DOESN'T EQUAL CHEMISTRY. The two leads delivered their lines--poorly. There was no acting that I saw. Bella was incoherent and Edward was too busy noticing how pouty he looked while brooding in any shiny surface available! All the other actors were subordinated by this pseudo-testosterone-slash-estrogen parade that the poor audience was reminded of over and over again BY HUGE FLASHES OF EDWARD CULLEN'S BROODY FACE.

But, I suppose I can't really blame the untalented director too much. After all, the source material was just as horrible as the poorly contrived movie.

In other news, I went on a super fun date last night. We fed ducks, went to an LOL show, then got ice cream. It was pretty excellent :]

I played basketball this morning! No joke! Jesse from the ward has organized a team for the Relief Society, even though only four people showed this morning. But we were able to play two-on-two [Ariel and I got our butts kicked, but it was still awesome]. In the next little while, I'm going to go hike the Y with Grandma and a couple of other kids. It's a beautiful day, so it'll be mad fun.

Later tonight...maybe discovering the hot springs? Maybe? We'll see.

Happy Saturday!
posted by Gwennifer at 11:36 AM |



5 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Ransom said........
Wait, should Edward even have a reflection? Isn't he a vampire?
 

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Abby said........
Now, you see there? Your expectations were too high.
 

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
Oh, I won't tell Ryan about this post. He convinced a Blockbuster employee to smuggle him the movie early (it doesn't actually hit movie stores til next week I think), and has been dying to watch it since we got it.
 

At 12:27 AM, Blogger John and Trina Busch said........
Sweet date, huh? You will have to let me know about this beefcake, thats awesome you had a good time. PS, any time you need to some basketball training, Id be happy to take you out and whip your booty!
 

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
Date????? Date????? Do tell!!!!!