May 10, 2009
Alright, I know my last post was somewhat on the downery side, so I'm here to rectify my mopey mistake by updating everyone about how my life has taken a very happy turn for the better.

As I sit here posting, with my parents watching Gilmore Girls in the background [to wash out the taste of Bride Wars], I realize that the American cinema is in a dire spot. There are plenty of grand television shows still on the air, yet movies are definitely on the downswing. That being said, I'm SO glad I've turned my attention to the Hindi cinema, allowing me to revel in Bollywood and movies not [predominantly] in English. That being said...



Black. This was a wonderful film based on the life of Helen Keller. Now, before I get jumped all over for not watching The Miracle Worker, I've heard that it's an excellent movie. HOWEVER, we're focusing on this wonderful gem starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rani Muhkerjee. More or less, it's the story of Michelle McNally, a deaf and blind girl with exasperated parents who are this close to sending her to an asylum. Enter Mr. Sahai, a sign language teacher who specializes in working the deafblind. The movie chronicles their journey to not only communication and literacy, but an emergence from the darkness that threatened to crush Michelle entirely.

All in all, a fantastic movie.

Now, onto what's making my life great right now. On Friday, I had a job interview with Vector Marketing. Have I heard that VM, the advertising agency for Cutco cutlery, is a big scam? Yes. However, VM has only been accused of ripping off SALESPEOPLE, not receptionists. That being said, I applied for a receptionist position at the new office in Pasadena. Anyway, the interview went pretty well and I'll know whether or not I'm being offered the position tomorrow.

From here, one of two things could happen. If I receive a phone call, I could receive a 9-5 Monday through Friday job answering phones and such. If I should be left out to dry, then no worries! I have an interview set up with FYE for a cashier position just in case. In Laman's terms, I've got a couple of nibbles on the job line!

What else, what else, what else? Well, on Saturday, I got up at 5:30 to help my dad make pancakes for my stake's Youth Conference. It was mad fun...until I realized that I'd fallen asleep at three. I got home at about 11 and proceeded to sleep until four. I've been all kinds of off-kilter ever since. But, on the plus side, there's been excellent food floating around the past couple of days due to Bonstance's birthday and Mother's Day. Thanks, women.

OH OH OH, irony time! A couple of weeks ago, my dear friend Delusions asked me to babysit her children--on June 25th. Thinking that I couldn't possibly have anything planned so far ahead in the future, I wholeheartedly agreed. Fastforward to 20 minutes ago. I'm looking around Facebook when I see that one of my friends is going to see Owl City this summer. As a rather excitable fan of Owl City, I quickly found out where this blessed event would happen. What a miracle! It was going down at Sonar, a very easily accesible venue for my location. Feeling very pleased at the prospect of buying a $12 ticket, I checked the date--

June 25th. What are the odds? Oh well, I'll ask my friend to take tons of pictures.

Now, on that note, I take my leave. Have a great week!

posted by Gwennifer at 9:24 PM |



3 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Bonny said........
So why did you hate "Bride Wars" so much?
 

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Abby said........
There is only one reason you would have posted such information on a blog post you knew I would see. You call that a guilt trip?? Amateur! You obviously didn't grow up with my mother as your guide.

Tell you what. If you can find me a suitably responsible replacement for the 25th, I will gladly release you from your obligation so you can go to your wonderfully non-crappy singing extravaganza.
 

At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Carrie said........
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.