September 16, 2009
So, no joke, my last two classes of the day were canceled. Supposedly, both my professors fell ill. While I should feel a kernel of sadness over their potential contraction of H1N1, I can't help but feel a little exultation over the free time. Now I can update my blog!

I don't have a whole lot to report at present. Right now, however, I am up to my eyeballs in stuff regarding The Leading Edge, the sci-fi/fantasy journal my school publishes. I'm just a volunteer editor right now, but yesterday I took on the responsibility of writing a book review for the issue after this one is released! Yikes! I've never actually written a book review before, but how hard can it be, right? You read the book, then write about whether or not it was worth the time and energy it took to read it.

Simple? One can only hope.

In other news, I date now. Funny stuff! I've gone on dates/outings with members of the opposite sex every weekend since I've been here. Admittedly, that's only been a couple of weeks, but hey! I'm on a roll considering my track record!

Let's see, other news, other news, other news...

I had a very unsatisfactory salad today for lunch. I waited a solid half hour in line for this sucker and it failed to deliver. But, putting that into perspective, if that's at the top of my list of complaints, life is looking pretty solid at present.

Well, I suppose that leaves this then...

1.What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
That supremely disappointing salad. Or maybe my water to rinse out the taste of said lame salad.

2.Where was your profile picture taken?
Oh, it's referring to Facebook. Well, that picture was taken in Rexburg, Idaho. I was playing tennis with my brother and my dad thought it would be swell to take action shots. I look like a goober.

3. Can you play Guitar Hero?
I suppose that would depend on your definition of play. Can I vaguely hit four buttons in time with the cascading corresponding spheres? Sort of.

4. Name someone who made you laugh today.
My new friend/doppleganger Alexis. We were discussing her "alternative high school".

5. How late did you stay up last night and why?
Around one. I was finishing up reading an essay for my Poe class on the man's obscure brand of humor. Needless to say, the hour dictated that I wouldn't understand a word of what I was reading.

6. If you could move somewhere else, would you?
An apartment that isn't a DUNGEON. Seriously, living in the basement tanks.

7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
Nooo. Knowing me, I'd probably accidentally break the poor guy's nose. I startle really easily :[

8. Which of your friends lives closest to you?
Grandma. She lives like four feet from me.

9. Do you believe ex's can be friends?
If both parties are super cool. If the break-up happened because one of the parties is a psycho, then maybe it's just better for friendship to not happen.

10. How do you feel about Dr Pepper?
Caffeine-Free Dr Pepper is one of the few reasons why I tolerate Utah.

11. When was the last time you cried really hard?
Hm...um...it wasn't really hard, but probably last year when a certain professor told me that I wasn't much of a director. The fact that I'd gotten like no sleep the night before is probably why the water works switched on.

12. Who took your profile picture?
Mi padre :D

13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Grandma. She often does something cute, then asks me to capture it on her camera.

14. Was yesterday better than today?
Actually, they're turning out to be pretty similar. Canceled classes are excellent!

15. Can you live a day without TV?
Pretty sure the tiny television in our apartment sees to that...

16. Are you upset about anything?
Not really upset as much as anxious about this paper I need to start drafting. Poe's theory of aesthetics still sort of eludes me.

17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
If getting married, having babies, and living [celestially] ever after is worth it.

18. Are you a bad influence?
As if! I'm like, the 4th best influence in existence! In fact, if you ever get pulled over and asked if you're under the influence, just be all, "Heck yeah--the GENEVIEVE influence!" I guarantee you'll get left off with a high five.

19. Night out or night in?
Weeknights tend to find me in. But when the weekend rolls around, LOOK OUT WORLD! I'M AN OWL! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

[That was so much cooler in my head...]

20. What items could you not go without during the day?
My phone, apples, water, and...the Internetz...sigh...

21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
Callie Seward. She was practically in traction. It was sick.

22. What does the last text message in your inbox say?
What inbox?

23. How do you feel about your life right now?
It's busy, but at least I'm productive...except for right now.

24. Do you hate anyone?
Not that I can think of. I tend to shy away from strong emotions like hate--they give you heartburn.

25. If we were to look in your face book inbox, what would we find?
A FIST IN YOUR FACE. NO ONE READS MY EMAILS, WENCH!

26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
Absolutely. I own'D Dare in 5th AND 8th grade!

27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Ummm...wait...maybe? Probably not? I hope not? I haven't the foggiest.

28. What song is stuck in your head?
Some weird A.R. Rahman song from that CD Anna let me borrow.

29. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who do you want it to be?
Anyone who has a superb reasoning for ruining the rest of my day. Also known as Santa, the Easter Bunny, or a smart blond.

30.Wanna have grandkids before you’re 50?
I mean, it's not what I'm asking for for Christmas, but if it happens, that'd be cool.

31. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
Get airbrushed by Kylie in her make-up class!

32. Do you think too much or too little?
I'd be reticent to write in a blog if I thought too little.

33. Do you smile a lot?
Only when I feel like it...meaning more often than not :]

Happy Wednesday!
posted by Gwennifer at 2:33 PM |



3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
Um, you wouldn't think it was cool if your older sister from Maryland was knocking on your window at 2 am?
 

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Abby said........
Or Abby? I'd be impressed if it were me. But not Santa. Santa in September = Skeevy Santa.

Poe had a sense of humor? Where?
 

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jennilyn said........
THE LEADING EDGE!!!!! I found your blog through my niece, SarahK, also at your school. Beware, I met my intended during a TLE staff meeting. I was once the Marketing Director, and the Editor-in-Chief assigned this freshman to work under me. He did everything I asked. Talk about potential to abuse power...20 years later we still read science fiction together on dates. Watch out for those office romances! (back to lurking)