August 14, 2009
Well, it wasn't entirely a nightmare, persay. There were some cool things going on at the same time.

It started out with a couple of friends and I perusing the Arundel Mills mall. Somehow, we got separated and it was imperative that I find them again, so I spent a panicky two hours pummeling my cell phone trying to find them. I only succeeded when they finally reappeared and said that their phones had died.

Ok, that wasn't nightmarish, but the dream continues. It took an upturn when, somehow, I encountered Meryl Streep in the mall. Feeling rather elated, I took the opportunity to tell her what an incredible actress I thought she was. Somehow, this translated into her meeting my mom and becoming best friends with her. Just as I thought the bragging rights threshold had been reached, I discovered the next day that at some point, Meryl had figured out where we lived and come over to do dishes. I remember thinking to myself at this point, "All my friends are going to be so jealous when they find out I was doing dishes with Meryl Streep!"

Now, here's where the nightmare comes in. Quite unrelated from Meryl, my house had somehow been magically transported to the Australian countryside. While this would ordinarily totally make my day, I found out rather unpleasantly that our new locale included a neighbor in the form of a 20 foot grizzly bear with the head of a crocodile. Not only a 20 feet grizzly bear with the head of a crocodile, but one that routinely pretended to be dead so that people would get all close to examine it so that with one snap of its horrible jaws, it could snap a man cleanly, yet bloodily in two! As you can imagine, keeping a lookout for this thing was terrifying because on top of its hugeness, it was also super stealthy.

Fortunately for all, Meryl Streep did not fall victim to this hideous creature's rampage.

Anyway, I go back to Utah in exactly two weeks. Crazy how the summer flies, huh? School is going to be super busy from now on. I'm adding the Editing minor to my English major and prospective Theatre Arts minor. It's going to be a party in the library from now on.

That aside, I've been delivering newspapers as my temporary work for the past week or so. It's really steady work and the pay is a steal compared to the rather little work I do in exchange. Why I didn't think of this before the disaster that was F.Y.E., I'll never know.

Ok, I should probably--oh, heck, I'm not going to pretend. I'm going off to read Harry Potter. Happy weekend!
posted by Gwennifer at 10:20 AM |



1 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Ransom said........
Oh, crocobears. Only in Australia.