November 1, 2008
I'll update about my entire day later, but for now, I believe I promised a picture of my costume:


Alright, since I've done some homework, I think I'll reward myself by updating my blog about the wonderous events that went down on October 31st, 2008.

The days preceding Halloween were extremely busy with the humdrumities of daily life. Homework here, projects there, sleeping somewhere in my life. However, after my bolt of inspiration, I couldn't ignore the bring my costume into existence.

On Tuesday, I went to The DI to buy some cheap plates for my 336 project [which will be plate-smashingly excellent, I might add]. However, while perusing the Corelle, a horrible brown pillow caught my eye. It was perfect for my costume--and it would give me an excuse to destroy it! $2 later, I'm one step closer to costume completion.

During subsequent days, I found opportunities to cut the pillow apart, sew it back together, and attach it to my shirt sleeves to give the illusion of actual bear arms. Two black gloves via Becca and a wonderful rainbow sign later, I was ready to roll.

Halloween itself was an interesting day. I had both a minidrama AND a quiz in my only class of the day--Spanish. I got onto campus early to meet with my partner about our minidrama, then to study for said quiz. However, little of the later was accomplished, as multiple people came up to me to either fervently compliment my pseudo-appendages or to ask which one the Second Amendment was. Some girl I'd never seen in my life even asked if she could take a picture of me for her friend [they apparently argue a bit over the Bill of Rights].

One Spanish class later, I had to remain on campus for two rehearsals: one for my 336 scene, and the scene my friend in the class is directing that I happen to be in. Both were successful--and both involved people either chuckling or scratching their heads over my costume. The Founding Fathers would be rolling in their graves.

Anywho, after FINALLY getting home, I discovered that I was extremely tired and not at all in the mood to attend a Stake Dance with Becca and Nadin. Fortunately, Grandma was feeling the same way, so we stayed home and watched part of The Davinci Code before nuestras amigas come back to pick us up for SWEENEY TODD!

It was only the concert version, but it was still fantastic! Barta Heiner was Mrs. Lovett and she was fantastic! I knew like a quarter of the cast, so that was fun to watch them all go about singing and slashing throats and such. The only real drawbacks were the really stony seats in the amphitheatre and the fact that it started raining during the intermission. Fortunately, we had both blankets and umbrellas, so it was all good.

After all was said and done, I was exhausted and mildly cranky, but it was still a really fun day.

Alright, I need to start getting things ready for dinner later, so I'ma bounce. I hope everyone's Halloween was as...interesting as mine.

posted by Gwennifer at 1:06 PM |



4 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Abby said........
Awesome. I was...nothing.
 

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
Great costume. I felt patriotic just looking at you.
 

At 8:33 PM, Blogger John and Trina Busch said........
bear arms huh?! only you could come up with that. today melanie said her first word she said batman! no really we miss ya. sorry you were sick that bites!
 

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
Bear arms turned out great! I promise to start commenting on your posts. I've decided I like reading blogs, so now I look forward to checking my chickadees' posts. Love you!!!!!