January 8, 2009

I was going to keep this under my hat, but I'm too excited. What you're looking at is my brand new practice chanter! Essentially, it's the instrument you need to master before you take on--The Great Highland Bagpipes!

I've been wanting to learn how to play the bagpipes since I was like 12 or 13, but my parents figured it was just a phase I was going through, that I wouldn't follow through with it. But, 7 or so years later, I'm finally fulfilling the dream! I'll probably start lessons on Monday with this lady I've been talking to, and I'm jazzed beyond reason!
posted by Gwennifer at 11:26 PM |



2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger Ransom said........
I don't suppose there's any such thing in the world as an awesome duet for bagpipes and harmonica. Alas.

I did hear some fun arrangements for clarinet ensemble and bell tower one time, though.
 

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Bonny said........
Sweet deal! Now you can play along with us for all our church musical numbers. :)