November 30, 2008
  1. Long weekends. Without long weekends, my life would cease to exist. School has me so burnt out these days that I need breaks whenever I can find them. Fortunately for all of us, this one was a freebie.
  2. Holiday food. No other time of the year would it be okay for me to gorge on so many potatoes and pie not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. I felt my waistline rebelling by Saturday night, but since when have I ever listened to whiners?
  3. Salt Lake City. I won't even lie, SLC is a beautiful city. It's clean, relatively easily navigable, and it makes an effort to be scenic. The next time a band that I actually want to see is playing Club Sound, I am there like white on rice.
  4. The Toyota Echo. Who ever knew that such a little car would have so much gusto?
  5. Harry Potter trivia. John and I had quite a trivia showdown on the trip back to Provo. I think we ended up in a tie, but I shall vanquish him yet!
  6. Opportunities. [Ok, this is where things stop being quite so silly] I've come to realize recently that I'm a great deal more blessed than I feel sometimes. Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to finish my college education here at BYU or go home and finish out at University of Maryland. I've been praying about it, and I realize that there are a lot of pros and cons for each, which makes this such a difficult choice that I have to make. But then, when I step back, these are two awesome choices I have in front of me. Both are great places to be, and I have the opportunity to get my education at my school of choice. I might be in inner turmoil, but I'm really living the good life!
  7. Family [Far]. I won't lie, I missed my family a lot this year. I would have loved nothing more than to go home to be with them. I miss my parents and Bonny and her family, and I'm so super excited to go home for Christmas to be with them again.
  8. Family [Near]. However, there's no overlooking the fact that I had an awesome Thanksgiving here. I love getting to spend time with the Hammonds. They've been so welcoming every time, and I always have a blast hanging out with everyone. Oh yeah, and my brother is pretty cool too :p
  9. A Loving Heavenly Father. I would be nowhere without a Father in Heaven who looks out for me every minute of the day. Whether I'm actually living up to my potential [somewhat] or making another dumb mistake [most of my time], I know He's either blessing me or shaking his head lovingly while wondering what I was thinking. I've come to appreciate the idea of receiving his help if I just ask for it so much more this semester than I ever have before. His love for me is invaluable.

What it comes down to is that I have tons to be grateful for. I might hit some rough patches from time to time, but I ultimately am living a great life!

I hope everyone else's Thanksgiving helped bring out the good in life :]

posted by Gwennifer at 6:23 PM |



3 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Becca said........
Those are all great things to be grateful for! I love thanksgiving!!!
 

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Bonny said........
My little Heebee is all grown up. Sniff-sniff. I thought that list was so mature and articulate. Great job. And thanks for the shout-out. We miss you too!!!
 

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
What a beautiful Thanksgiving post! I loved it! It's been about a week since I checked your blog, so I got caught up. You are an excellent writer, Gen. (Bon, you know I think you are too; no jealousy, please.)

Love you, precious!