November 11, 2008
So, my mom has this best friend named Sugar. Sugar has a daughter named Lauren. Right now, Lauren is in London doing the whole study abroad thing. In order to document her travels, she keeps a blog from which Sugar sends my mom entries because they're really very funny.

This being the case, my mom sends me links to these little jewels because she believes I will appreciate them. Well, she's right. Had I not been sitting in the library when I read the most recent one, I probably would have laughed out loud, swallowed my gum, thrown out my back, and had to evacuate my bowels simultaneously.

Yeah, it was THAT funny.

So, in order to make my blog less of a chore and more of a thrill to read, I'd like to recount a funny experience I had recently so that people can [hopefully] feel the same joy I felt while reading about the Jugular Sword in the Seventh Circle of Hell.

For both my 123 [Acting] and 336 [Directing] classes, I have to attend a number of the mainstage productions going on. This past Friday, I intended to go seeing Dancing at Lughnasa at 7:30. Ordinarily, Fridays are extremely laid back days for me, since I only have class until 11. However, many projects need completing in the near future, so instead of going home at ANY point during the day, I slugged the entire day out on campus.

You'd think that spending almost the entirety of every day on campus would have prepared me for this, but somehow, my body knew something was amiss...

Body: Hey, Gwennifer, it's coming up on noon. Shouldn't we be headed home?
Gwennifer: Cool it, alright? I have to stay on campus to work on some stuff, then we're going to Lughnasa.

Body: EXCUSE YOU!? IT'S FRIDAY! TODAY IS MY DOWN DAY! I WORK ON SLIGHTLY MORE THAN ADEQUATE FUNCTIONALITY DURING THE WEEK SO THAT I CAN REST ALL DAY FRIDAY!
Gwennifer: Will you shut up if I go get Subway?
Body: ...I'm still mad at you.

So, an arduous 8 or so hours later, it was FINALLY time to go see this show. I am happy to report that it was very nice--the first half, that is. At the point which I later learned was the intermission, the lights went down after what I saw was a nice tidy ending to the show. So, instead of milling around with the rest of the equally confused audience, I simply left. Upon arriving back at home, Grandma informed me that I shouldn't have been home until around 10:30. Oops.

That being said, she got another ticket for tonight so that I can see the second half. Isn't she a lamb?

Alright, so my life isn't quite as funny as
Lauren's, but in my defense, Provo isn't quite as wacky as London.
posted by Gwennifer at 2:17 PM |



3 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Abby said........
I laughed, if that helps.

And how dare you tease us with yet another funny blog without producing evidence of said blog!
 

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
Mom hasn't been sending me Lauren's posts. I guess she thinks I don't have a sense of humor.
 

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
I'm glad you're enjoying Lauren's posts. I knew you would. I posted a comment on your recent Fiery Indignation entry too.