December 10, 2008
Not really. I just wanted to do this list thing. Oh, and I wanted to report that I went jogging tonight for the first time--maybe ever! Wooo for me!

Ok, here's the game. I'm going to list quotes from 20 of my favorite movies. All you have to do is name the movie, and I'll strike it from the list. Simple, right? Best of luck.

1. Good. I don't like Visigoths. Tomorrow, we'll get sign: "No Spiders or Visigoths Allowed." [Life is Beautiful via Nadin]
2. I am fluent in over six million forms of communication, and can readily... [Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi by Nadin]
3. A diversion! [The Return of the King via Becca]
4. I'm a hopeless dancer, but this looks like you just screw in a light bulb with one hand and pat the dog with the other. [Bride and Prejudice via Becca]
5. We have the magic rocks. They will keep us safe. [The Village via Nadin]
6. She says she's sorry for taking the bumblebee pendant. She just likes it a lot. [The Sixth Sense via Nadin]
7. When the Doge did his duty and the Duke didn't, that's when the Duchess did the dirt to the Duke with the Doge. [The Court Jester via Becca]
8. Too late for prayers and useless pity! [The Phantom of the Opera via Nadin]
9. When I was your age, we didn't have food! [My Big Fat Greek Wedding via Nadin]
10. End of the line, Sonny Jim. Game's up. [Jumanji via Nadin]
11. This is precisely the moment where the mutation or beast will attempt to kill an unlikable side character. [Lady in the Water via Nadin]
12. When I was little I used to think there was a baker under my bed. [Rocketman via Mommasita]
13. At least you'll never be a vegetable - even artichokes have hearts. [Amelie via Nadin]
14. That's right, Armand. No one could ever accuse you of being a great lover.
15. RAZZBERRIES! [Thoroughly Modern Millie via Becca]
16. You're always screaming. Doesn't your throat hurt?
17. You know, they pretty much just put them in those t-shirt guns and shoot them out at sporting events. [Juno via Becca]
18. You have to learn to talk like a Mexican. Tell me it's a hot day. [El Norte via Nadin]
19. His brain has not only been washed, as they say...it has been dry cleaned.
20. There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. [The Kite Runner via Nadin]

Have fun! And remember, use of Google, IMDB, and my Favorite Movies section on Facebook are considered cheating!
posted by Gwennifer at 11:08 PM |



11 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Blogger Becca said........
3. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
4. Bride and Prejudice (?)
7. The Court Jester
11. Galaxy Quest
15. Thoroughly Modern Millie
17. Juno
 

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Gwennifer said........
Good guesses on all but #11. Keep at it!
 

At 4:08 AM, Blogger nadejla said........
1. Life is beautiful
2. Star Wars
5.The Village
6. Sixth Sense
8. The Phantom of the Opera
9. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
10. Jumanji
11. Lady in the Water
13. Amelie
18. El Norte
20. The Kite Runner
I needed a break from homework. :D
 

At 4:17 AM, Blogger Ransom said........
Dang, that's all the ones I know, too.
 

At 7:20 AM, Blogger Abby said........
14 is The Count of Monte Cristo?
 

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Gwennifer said........
Lucky guess with #2, Nadin. But, there are many Star Wars movies. I'm looking for the specific title of the movie.

Sorry Abby, but #14 is not Monte Cristo.
 

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
Number 2 is "Star Wars", said by C3PO. Number 12 is "Rocket Man", said by our favorite astronaut, Fred Randall. How weird is this? Dad was watching "Rocket Man" until he fell asleep less than an hour ago!
 

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
I see: you want the original "Star Wars" movie. Well, my dear, the original was called simply "Star Wars", so you see, those of us who answered "Star Wars" were correct, i.e. the quote is from the first, the original "Star Wars".
 

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Kathy Busch said........
You went jogging! That's epic! How far did you go? There's a sweet fitness room here; I treadmilled two miles yesterday, and will do a repeat today.
 

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Gwennifer said........
REGARDLESS OF THE TECHNICALITY, MOTHER, I WANT THE TITLE USED NOW!

SHEESH!

Oh, and thanks. It was fun :D
 

At 2:01 AM, Blogger nadejla said........
I believe it was Star Wars: Return of the Jedi said by C3PO as they were about to visit Jabba. That good enough for you?