September 13, 2008
This is exciting news, my friends. I imagine big things, big big things will be happening in the exclusive locale known as Recknerville very soon. If you haven't merited an invite to Recknerville, you are basically the scum of society.

SUBJECT CHANGE--Earlier this evening, I was attempting to find a script which I could crop a part out of in order to use for my directing class. At one point, I came across one in which I could imagine my famous roommate, Grandma, playing the main character. So, I called her in to look at it. Lo and behold, Grandma and I discovered a fun new game. It's called "Find Play Scripts Online, Then Read All The Parts With Either Way More Emphasis Than Is Ethical Or Funny Accents". In short, I call it Roflcopter.

In addition to this delightful script, I also found an insightful video about the current hitch in Barack Obama's campaign. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

In the event that you followed that link, YOU JUST GOT RICKROLL'D! That's awesome.

Anyway, let's see. What else? You know something? Oh! Right!

I don't know if this particular chain is prevalent across the entire country, but there's a restaurant near campus called

Now, I pass this establishment every day on the bus, but I've still yet to figure out what genius up at Corporate figured the good people of the United States wanted to shake things up by eating in a pit. Looking for some insight, I turned to my roommate, Becca:

Gwennifer: Why did anyone think telling people to eat in a pit would be a good plan? There's nothing appetizing about a pit!

Becca: I don't really know...but they have really good pitas.

Gwennifer: You know what that's like? That would be like opening a restaurant called THE STEAK DUNGEON.

So, good readers, in order to keep the tradition of poorly named locations that just aren't conducive to eating, I am making it my life's ambition to open a restaurant called The Steak Dungeon.

Speaking of consumption anomalies in Provo, it has also come to my attention that are about 1,000 places surrounding campus dedicated to--YOGURT. Where did the yogurt fad emerge from? Search me. All I know is that I'm now surrounded by freak havens like

and


And there's still no Chipotle in Provo. What is there to live for?

In closing, I wanted to leave you with a video that I'm going to dedicate to my father's ankles and to Thatcher's newly formed fear of my cats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo

And, no, this one isn't a RickRoll, I promise.

<[Later]3


posted by Gwennifer at 7:30 PM |



2 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Abby said........
I'm thinking BBQ pit.

I didn't fall for your little Rickroll thing. It's because I'm a fricking genius.
 

At 8:22 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
Wait, are you making fun of Recknerville?

And as for the yogurt thing, who knew Utah was ahead of the probiotic curve? You should love that.