November 16, 2011
After six months' moons,
silver wings will fly me off
this ground to new shores.

Same air, same water,
same species, but so different.
So not my home self.

New me, new calling,
new tongue. New Russian speaking
self, Ukraine flavor.

Sixteen months to tell
the truth about my Savior:
ancient wine, young flask.

If it weren't the truth,
those silver wings would not soar
me into Ukraine.

But, truth shines truth-bright
regardless of the bearer.
I will go and talk.

Speak. Announce. Proclaim.
Declare. Make way. Rooftop song.
This will be my joy.

posted by Gwennifer at 11:23 PM |



2 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Bonny said........
I LOVE this. You have become quite the Haiku master. Just beautiful.
 

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Calven said........
You posted marvelous pictures Haiku master is quite interested. there is some of them are breath taking view of it. I always wanted to visit such places. Now i am moving towards nyc niagara tours It is one of most charming place for me and offers some of breath taking views from wind cave. Have you ever been there??